To grow a new life inside your womb is a miracle in itself, yet with pregnancy comes quite a few challenges, one of which being discomfort when sleeping.
One of the many and most uncomfortable challenges that come with pregnancy is sleeping, especially in your third trimester, as your tunny grows bigger and more in the way.
Sleep deprivation during pregnancy is also quite valid as your body experiences many new changes and is paired with discomfort in sleeping positions. It can leave you irritable, cranky, and other unfavorable results.
One of the best things created for sleeping when pregnant is, of course, Pregnancy Body Pillows. These miracle workers can give your much needed comfort and support for a good night’s rest even in your third trimester.
Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Body Pillow
The Pregnancy Body Pillow has about the same height and loft as your head pillow, but a full-body design fully supports your head and natural body, tummy, and all.
This specific type of pillow is designed to eliminate sleeping problems and discomfort for mothers-to-be and effectively prevent leg cramps, back pain, and many other issues.
The comfort the t a pregnancy body pillow brings can be one of your favorite sleeping solutions for many reasons;
- Better Blood Circulation – Pregnant women need to sleep on their sides for proper alignment and blood circulation, which can be difficult with a pregnant belly. However, the pregnancy body pillow provides comfortable support for side sleeping that improves blood circulation.
- No Aches and Pains – Your back, legs, and hips are prone to more strain because of the extra weight during pregnancy and can ache and pain at times. The pregnancy body pillow provides these areas with comfort and support t reduce strain and pressure that can cause aches and pains.
- Better Sleeping – Overall, the comfort and support that a pregnancy body pillow gives allow you to sleep in a favorable position comfortably and ensure that you get better sleep.
- Versatile Uses – The pregnancy body pillow can be folded and used to sit up and read, and even be used as an aid for breastfeeding or sleeping with your baby.
Types of Pregnancy Body Pillows
Pregnancy Body Pillow comes in many shapes, sizes, and designs. Here are only a few of the main pregnancy body pillow shapes;
- U-Shape – The U-Shape pillow is a full body size with a shape like a U that contours completely around you for the full-back, leg, and side support. This pillow style will support all areas of your body and is the best design to choose from.
- C-Shape – Also a large full-body design, the C-Shaped Pillow offers better support and contour around your back and ideal for side sleeping.
- Wedge Pillow – A smaller and less expensive design is the wedge pillow that supports targeted areas such as your bump or your back. You also get wedge pillows to place between your legs for hip support.
Features of a Good Pregnancy Body Pillow
This will depend on your preferences, but there are a few things to consider when choosing a maternity body pillow.
- Size – There are various sizes, from the small standard sized wedge pillow to the full-body sized U-Shaped pillow from which you can choose.
- Shape – Different shapes offer different support levels. Wedges can be tucked behind your back or belly or between your legs—the C shaped or U shaped pillow offers full round body support.
- Materails – Soft Cotton or Polyester are ideal materials for the cover. A removable cover that you can wash is also recommended. While a microfiber, memory foam, latex, or polyester fill is ideal. Keep in mind that your memory foam and latex foams offer firm support, while other fibers may be softer.
Reviews: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
Below are some favorite brands and designs of Pregnancy Body Pillows which will improve your sleep comfort greatly;
The leacho Pregnancy Body Pillow offers excellent full-body support and comfort.
- The Total Support Body pillow is ideal for full-body support and comfort.
- It could be one of the highest-selling pregnancy pillows going by various reviews as far as Amazon.com is concerned.
- It offers the best of support to the neck, hips, back, tummy, ankles, and thighs.
- There is a patented design, conceived and developed by a mom and for nursing.
- The fill will stay cool and will not overheat.
The Leacho Back and Tummy is a smaller design pregnancy pillow for back and tummy support only.
- The design offers good support for your back and body and is ideal if you do not wish to get a full-body pillow.
- It has specially designed inner curves which help support the full belly and back.
- The Pillowdoes do not require night repositioning, and one can turn from one side to another easily.
- It is perfectly suitable for those suffering from congestion, GERD, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, and fibromyalgia.
From PharMeDoc, we have the Snug Cushions Total body support pregnancy body pillow.
- The cover consists of high-quality breathable cotton.
- The high-quality therapeutic pillow helps in relieving joint pains.
- The design offers full-body support and comfort.
- It is rated as being one of the best pregnancy pillows for baby health & mothers’ health.
- The unique J-shaped design is superb to tackle pregnancy pains and works after pregnancy also.
The Boppy pillow is a favorite among many pregnant women for its comfortable support and contoured design.
- This is a total body support pillow with a soft and plush comfortable fill.
- It comes with a high class and intelligently thought out contoured design.
- The design naturally follows the body and offers total support to the belly, hips, back, and neck.
- It is easily machine washable and offers the best value for money.
- The Pillow is flexible and comes with a three-piece design.
The Meiz full body pregnancy pillow offers excellent pain relief and comfort with the unique U-Shaped design.
- The cotton cover is breathable and soft against your skin.
- The unique u-shape design offers complete support for the body.
- The contours are designed to take the shape of the body from head to toe.
- It is ideal for moms suffering from swollen legs, sciatica pain, and building up in the liver.
- The Pillow enables you to elevate the upper or lower parts of the body.
- This is a maternity support pillow designed in a U-shape by Queen Rose.
- It measures 55 inches in length, 31 inches in width, and 7 inches in height to provide full body support.
- The ergonomic design allows you to support your belly, shoulders, neck, and arms at the same time.
- It comes with a 100% soft Velvet cover and an adjustable Polyester filling.
- This is an H-shaped pregnancy Body pillow designed by Bedsure.
- Its unique shape allows equal support to the back, hips, knees, neck, head, and belly, alleviating fatigue and pain.
- The pillow is available in a variety of heights to give you a customized experience.
- It measures 51 x 27 x 7.8 inches in size and comes wrapped in a soft Jersey cover.
- This is a comfortable pregnancy body pillow, designed in a C-shape by INSEN.
- It measures 58 x 28 x 7.8 inches in size and alleviates pain in the lower and upper back, neck, and sides by providing support to the back, hips, legs, and feet.
- The pillow is filled with high-density soft Cotton for optimum support.
- It comes wrapped in a soft and breathable Velvet cover that is easy to clean and machine washable.
- This is a U-shape Pregnancy pillow designed by AngQi for full body comfort.
- The pillow measures 55 inches in length and provides support to the back, hips, knees, neck. and head.
- It is filled with premium PP Cotton and comes wrapped in a soft Jersey Knit cover, along with an inner cover made with 100% Polyester.
- The pillow is equipped with a double zipper for easy removal and is suitable for machine washing.
- This is a pregnancy pillow designed by Chilling Home in a unique U-shape design.
- It allows full support to the head, neck, shoulder, leg, and akles, and relieves the pain and discomfort.
- The pillow can also be used for nursing, as well as Fibromyalgia, Sciatica, etc.
- It is filled with Bionic Polyethylene filling, and a a soft cover for ultimate comfort and support.
Index Table: Top Rated Pregnancy Body Pillows
|1||Leachco Snoogle - Total Body Pillow||Leachco||95|
|2||Leachco Back and Tummy - Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow||Leachco||92|
|3||PharMeDoc Snug Cushion - PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow||PharMeDoc||87|
|4||Boppy Boppy - Custom Fit Total Body Pillow||Boppy||94|
|5||Meiz Full Body - Maternity Pregnancy Pillow, Pain Relief Pillow||Meiz||92|
|6||QUEEN ROSE U-Shape - Pregnancy Pillow||QUEEN ROSE||97.7|
|7||Bedsure H-Shape - Pregnancy Body Pillow||Bedsure||97.2|
|8||INSEN C-Shape - Pregnancy Body Pillow||INSEN||96.5|
|9||AngQi U-Shape - Pregnancy Pillow||AngQi||96.1|
|10||Chilling Home U-Shape - Pregnancy Pillow||Chilling Home||95.3|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Types of Pregnancy Body Pillows
- Features of a Good Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
- Leachco® Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Leachco® Back and Tummy Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
- PharMeDoc® Snug Cushion PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow
- Boppy® Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow
- Meiz® Full Body Maternity Pregnancy Pillow, Pain Relief Pillow
- QUEEN ROSE® U-Shape Pregnancy Pillow
- Bedsure® H-Shape Pregnancy Body Pillow
- INSEN® C-Shape Pregnancy Body Pillow
- AngQi® U-Shape Pregnancy Pillow
- Chilling Home® U-Shape Pregnancy Pillow
- Index Table: Top Rated Pregnancy Body Pillows