People who naturally run at a high temperature, suffer from night sweats, or live in a hot climate, a comfortable sleep can be hard to achieve. This is where a cooling pillowcase comes in. Here we have discussed the properties of a cooling pillowcase, its many types, and reviewed the best Cooling Pillowcases available in the market.
What is a Cooling Pillowcase?
A cooling pillowcase is designed to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night and often boasts of these properties:
- Minimize Moisture – In hot weather, your body dissipates internal heat by sweating. A cooling pillowcase needs to be moisture absorbent or moisture minimizing to prevent you from waking up covered in sweat.
- Ventilated – For a pillowcase to be cooling, it needs to be properly ventilated to allow air to pass through and dissipate the heat. A breathable material promotes ventilation and goes a long way in keeping you cool.
- Regulate Body Temperature – Regular pillowcases absorb heat from the body but do nothing to transfer or dissipate it, resulting in a hot or warm pillowcase. Therefore, a cooling pillowcase should be designed to dissipate heat and regulate body temperature.
- Skin-friendly – This is a must-have for every pillowcase. The materials used in the pillowcase need to be skin-friendly to reduce the risk of allergies and acne.
Types of Cooling Pillowcases
The fabric material plays the biggest role in the cooling properties of a pillow. Some of the best cooling fabrics are:
- Cotton – Cotton pillowcases are a classic choice and are the most commonly used fabric in pillowcases. It naturally wicks moisture away from the skin and is highly breathable. If the cotton is blended with Polyester or Jersey, it enhances the cooling properties of Cotton. It is also easy to wash and maintain.
- Silk – Silk is naturally cool to the touch. Its temperature-regulating properties help to keep you cool throughout the night. It is also skin and hair-friendly, as well as naturally breathable.
- Bamboo – Generally, Bamboo pillowcases are a blend of Bamboo fiber derived from pulped and processed Bamboo. It is mixed with a synthetic material to give it a soft and smooth finish. Bamboo naturally boasts of many benefits making it Anti-microbial, highly breathable, and moisture-wicking.
- Linen – Linen is a luxury material made from Fibrous flax. It is constructed with a loose weave that allows for good airflow and lets the heat pass through. It is also highly absorbent and dries quickly.
- Microfiber – Microfiber is a synthetic material made with Polyester. It is constructed with an open weave that makes it breathable and ventilated. The downside of a microfiber pillowcase is that it absorbs moisture from the skin and hair, leaving it dry.
Reviews: Best Cooling Pillowcases
- This cooling pillowcase is made with an imported Satin material using 100% Polyester.
- It is constructed with a special weave resulting in a smooth and silky fabric.
- The pillowcase is designed to protect hair from breakage, knotting, and frizz.
- It is skin-friendly and is ideal for you if you have allergies or acne.
- The pillowcase features an envelope closure design to prevent the zipper from snagging in your hair or breaking in the machine.
- It is suitable for machine washing in a gentle cycle.
- Variety of Color Options.
- Set of 2.
- Envelope Closure.
- Only suitable for machine washing in gentle cycle.
- This pillowcase is made from an exceptional Bamboo-derived Rayon for natural hair and skin protection.
- It comes with a sleek sateen finish that is cooling and soothing.
- The pillowcase is uniquely constructed with natural moisture and odor resistant properties to help you maintain a clear complexion and relaxed hair.
- It is also breathable and highly ventilated to keep you cool throughout the night.
- The pillowcase measures 20 x 30 inches in size and is constructed with a tight weave for durability.
- It comes with an envelope closure and an elegant 7-inch attached hem for tight-fitting and decorative design.
- Organic Bamboo.
- Moisture Wicking.
- Variety of Colors and Sizes.
- May be a bit slippery.
- This is a dual-sided pillowcase with unique qualities for exceptional comfort.
- It features a cooling side that keeps you cool and ventilated throughout the night, making it perfect for hot weather.
- The other side is made of 100% Cotton fabric that is soft and comfortable to help you relax and sleep easily.
- The cooling fiber material is tightly woven to make the pillow anti-static and allow the hair and skin to slide over gently and reduce abrasions.
- These qualities make this pillow anti-wrinkle and anti-frizz.
- It is made with Japanese Q-Max 0.55 Cooling fibers that absorb body heat to dissipate it as you sleep, leaving you cool.
- It comes with a hidden zipper design for your convenience and is machine washable.
- This is a pack of 2 pillowcases measuring 20 x 26 inches in size.
- Double-Sided Design.
- Ideal for Both Hot and Cold Weather.
- Only available in two sizes.
- This pillow protector is made with a soft and breathable fabric designed by Aller-Ease.
- It features RapidCool technology fiber woven into the fabric, making it cool to the touch and release body heat quickly to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- The pillowcase is designed with a decorative cracked ice pattern that looks great and promotes a sense of cooling.
- It is machine washable and dryable for convenience.
- The durable pillow comes with a zipper for easy removal for washing.
- This pillowcase is designed with a special fabric that absorbs maximum heat from the body and transfers it faster.
- It is designed to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night and improve sleep quality.
- The pillowcase is naturally anti-static and allows the skin and hair to slide over the pillowcase gently.
- It also helps to reduce wrinkles, frizzy or knotted hair, and bedhead.
- The pillow comes with an envelope closure for convenience and safety.
- This luxury pillowcase is designed to provide a cooling sensation throughout the night.
- It is constructed with 100% Polyester Silky Charmeuse fabric soft to the touch and cool against the skin.
- It also helps smooth hair cuticles to prevent split ends and maintains natural hair oils to reduce frizz-causing friction.
- The silky pillowcase allows the hair and skin to glide across the fabric without snagging or causing static.
- It is anti-friction and also helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sleep lines.
- This pack includes a pair of matching pillowcases measuring 20 x 26 inches in size.
- This is a Japanese Cooling Pillowcase designed by Elegear.
- The unique pillowcase features a double-sided design, with cooling sensing technoligy fabric.
- It is silky-soft, and cool to the touch, due to the 100% Cotton fabric used.
- The pillow features a hidden zipper designed that makes it easy to remove and wash.
- This is a Sweet Dream Cooling Bamboo Pillowcase designed by Gokotta.
- The pillowcase is made with eco-friendly, Bamboo fabric that is breathable and extremely soft, as well as skin-friendly.
- It is resistant to odors, mite, as well as moisture-absoring, and anti-bacterial.
- The pillowcase measures 20 x 40 inches in size, and is suitable for machine washing.
- This is a Double-sided Cooling Pillowcase designed by Haowaner.
- The pillowcase is made with unique Japanese cooling fabric with Q-max greater than 0.45 cooling fibers.
- It is designed to absorb heat and keep the pillow ventilated to ensure the heat doesnt build up.
- The pillowcase is silky-soft, breathable, and measures 20 x 26 inches in size.
- This is a Standard size Cooling Pillowcase designed by ZPECC.
- It is made with Oeko-TEX Certified ZPECC Ice Silk material, with Q-max 0.4 Cooling fibers on one side which is ideal for summer.
- The other side is soft and comfortable, and ideal for the rest of the seasons.
- It is designed to reduce the temperature by heat conduction, and is also moisture-wicking.
Index Table: Top-Rated Cooling Pillowcases
|1||EXQ Home Silky - Cooling Satin Pillowcase||EXQ Home||98.8|
|2||Bedsure Cooling - Bamboo Pillowcases||Bedsure||98.3|
|3||LUXEAR Double-sided - Cooling Pillowcases||LUXEAR||97.7|
|4||Aller-Ease Evercool - Cooling Pillow Protector||Aller-Ease||97.2|
|5||DANGTOP Soft - Cooling Pillowcases||DANGTOP||96.9|
|6||Revive Beauty Luxury - Cooling Satin Pillowcase||Revive Beauty||96.4|
|7||Elegear Japanese - Cooling Pillowcase||Elegear||96.1|
|8||Gokotta Sweet-Dream - Cooling Bamboo Pillowcase||Gokotta||95.7|
|9||Haowaner Double Sided - Cooling Pilliowcase||Haowaner||95.3|
|10||ZPECC Standard - Cooling Pillow Case||ZPECC||94.9|
Table of Contents
- What is a Cooling Pillowcase?
- Types of Cooling Pillowcases
- Reviews: Best Cooling Pillowcases
- EXQ Home® Silky Cooling Satin Pillowcase
- Bedsure® Cooling Bamboo Pillowcases
- LUXEAR® Double-sided Cooling Pillowcases
- Aller-Ease® Evercool Cooling Pillow Protector
- DANGTOP® Soft Cooling Pillowcases
- Revive Beauty® Luxury Cooling Satin Pillowcase
- Elegear® Japanese Cooling Pillowcase
- Gokotta® Sweet-Dream Cooling Bamboo Pillowcase
- Haowaner® Double Sided Cooling Pilliowcase
- ZPECC® Standard Cooling Pillow Case
- Index Table: Top-Rated Cooling Pillowcases