Do you regularly wake up with neck pain, stiff neck and headache? If that’s the case, then the culprit must be your pillow. When the pillow fails to support your neck and head properly during your sleep, you end up with neck pain. This problem may seem non-threatening now. But, over the years, such pressure on your neck will lead to many serious health concerns. It is the neck that houses some of the most vulnerable body parts like the throat, spinal cord, jugular vein and the carotid artery. Hence, it is highly recommended that you do not ignore your neck pain.
Index Table of Best Pillows for Neck Pain
|1||Mediflow Waterbase Pillow - support for neck||Mediflow||96|
|2||Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow - With Bamboo Cover||Coop Home Goods||96|
|3||Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow Vented Bamboo Cover - Hypoallergenic and Dust Mite Resistant||Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow||93|
|4||Smarter Rest German Memory Foam Pillow - Granulated Surface Technology||Smarter Rest||90|
|5||MyPillow, Inc. Premium Series Bed Pillow - Standard/Queen Size||MyPillow, Inc.||88|
Well, there is no need to lose sleep over this matter, as the solution to this problem is quite simple; with suitable pillows for neck pain you will be able to say bye to any pain and feel relaxed and refreshed every morning.
How to choose your pillow
So, how can you know which pillow will make sure your neck is well supported and you feel no pain in the morning? For your convenience, here are the things to consider which will help you to choose the right kind of pillows for neck pain:
Position you sleep in
Some people like to sleep sideways or on their stomach. And then there some who sleep on their back. So, when you are shopping for the pillow, do make sure that the pillow is designed according to the position you sleep in. Thus, pillows with memory foam will be your best bet in this situation. A pillow which molds itself as per your body’s contours will be able to provide optimal support and alignment no matter which position you prefer to sleep in.
Other advantages you can enjoy
For the best deal, do make sure that you are getting a pillow that has a lot more to offer, and not just the “no neck pain” promise. There are many manufacturers who offer pillows for neck pain that are made with durable and good quality materials that will last for a long time. Then there are some who offer dust mite resistant, hypoallergenic, washable, no odor and other such advantages.
Firmness of the pillow
On the contrary to popular belief, a firm pillow does not cause neck pain. Having said that, it is quite important to mention that this is only true when pillows designed to restrict/eliminate neck pain is considered. These particular type of pillow is made in such a fashion that it will not cause any neck pain regardless the level of firmness. So, there is no need to sacrifice your comfort for the sake of good neck alignment. Thus when you are buying the pillows for neck pain, you can choose the firmness according to your liking so that you are actually comfortable.
Certification to support the claim
When you are dealing with a reputed company, you are getting the added advantages of certifications which will further prove that the pillows are indeed made to ensure there will be no neck pain in the morning. Thus, when you are shopping for such pillows, do look out for such certificates and guarantees.
Top Neck Painless Pillows Reviews
To further help you to figure out which pillow will be the best buy for your situation, here are the reviews of 5 best pillows for neck pain that are available in the market currently:
- The unique water base at the bottom of the pillow adjusts according to your movement while you sleep, and thus provides a customizable support.
- The thermal insulator happens to encase the water layer entirely which prevents heat to be drawn from the shoulder, head, and neck.
- The top layer (5 inches) is made with hypoallergenic DuPont fiber and feels super soft.
- The pillows are clinically tested at the reputed Johns Hopkins University.
- The manufacturer is known for providing good quality material for more than 20 years.
- Mediflow offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and also a 1-year warranty (for defects).
- Product Specification: Width: 28 inches, Height: 20 inches, Thick: 4.5 inches, Weight: 1.9 Pounds.
- The manufacturer provided an adjustable (add or remove) shredded memory foam which will customize itself according to your sleeping position.
- It offers advantages like dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic.
- The cover is made with 40% bamboo-derived viscose rayon and 60% polyester which help to regulate the temperature, and thus the pillow will stay cool.
- It is machine washable, making it very easy to maintain.
- It comes with a CertiPUR-US certification.
- The pillow comes with a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with it and also a 5-year warranty.
- Product Specification: Width: 18 inches, Height: 12 inches, Thick: 3 inches, Weight: 3.9 Pounds.
- It is made with machine washable proprietary shredded Visco elastic memory foam that will provide you with the needed support and will not go flat with continuous use.
- The extra breathable cover is made with micro-vented bamboo (43%) which will check that the pillow stays cool all night.
- The manufacturers made sure that this hypoallergenic pillow is free from ozone depleters, TDCPP, lead, TCEP flame retardants, heavy metal, mercury and such others which are regulated by the CFCs.
- It comes with a 30-Day money back guarantee and also a 6-Year warranty.
- Product Specification: Width: 18 inches, Height: 6.5 inches, Thick: 6.5 inches, Weight: 3.9 Pounds.
- It comes with a dual lobe design which makes this pillow suitable for all types of sleep preferences as well as head size.
- It comes with a distinctive convex shape right in the middle which allows this pillow to be used as a body pillow, maternity pillow, wedge, and seat cushion also.
- It comes with a 100% premium German quality memory foam which keeps its shape and does not go flat even after regular use.
- The allergen and dust mite resistant velvet cover is very soft and is washable.
- The manufacturer added a unique granulated surface which aids in massaging the head, and thus it will promote extra airflow.
- It comes with a 5-year guarantee.
- Product Specification: Width: 21.5 inches, Height: 11.8 inches, Thick: 3.5 inches, Weight: 2.5 Pounds.
- It is made with the manufacturer’s patented interlocking fill (3-Piece) which allows you to adjust the pillow according to your sleep preference.
- It will maintain its shape and will not go flat.
- The pillow is washable and dryable.
- The fill happens to be of Open Cell Poly, meaning the pillow will stay cold throughout the night and provide the comfort one needs.
- It has gusset of 2 inches around the whole pillow which provides much-needed additional support.
- It features four custom loft level which makes sure the pillow will fit your sleeping position and size exclusively.
- Product Specification: Width: 27.9 inches, Height: 18.5 inches, Thick: 5.1 inches, Weight: 1.2 Pounds.
Table of Contents
- Index Table of Best Pillows for Neck Pain
- How to choose your pillow
- Top Neck Painless Pillows Reviews
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow support for neck
- Coop Home Goods Memory Foam Pillow With Bamboo Cover
- Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow Vented Bamboo Cover Hypoallergenic and Dust Mite Resistant
- Smarter Rest German Memory Foam Pillow Granulated Surface Technology
- MyPillow, Inc. Premium Series Bed Pillow Standard/Queen Size