Migraines can cause excruciating pain that may want you to tear your hair out. The pain can sometimes make it almost impossible to sleep through the night.
Some people also develop migraines in the middle of the night, causing restlessness and an inability to fall asleep again.
To help you in dealing with and preventing migraines and sleeping peacefully, we have reviewed the best pillows for migraines down below.
What to Consider Before Choosing a Pillow
To make the best choice of pillow to relieve and prevent migraines, some factors need to be considered, such as:
- Consider Sleep Position – The first and most important factor that needs to be considered before buying a pillow is your sleep position. There are different pillows for back sleepers, side sleepers, and front sleepers, designed to provide the most comfort and support.
- Figure Out Your Triggers – For migraine sufferers, before choosing a pillow, figure out your triggers. If you find out your migraines are triggered by scent, choose a natural-fill pillow instead of a synthetic one that might have a scent. If heat triggers your migraines, choose a pillow with a ventilated design to keep you cool.
- Figure Out What Helps – Lastly, consider what works to relieve the migraines or decrease their severity. If you find that your migraine lessens in cold temperatures, choose a cooling pillow, and so on.
Features of a Good Migraine Pillow
Generally, a pillow suitable for migraine relief should have some or all of these characteristics.
- Firm – The firmness of your pillow can make a huge difference in your quality of sleep. For people suffering from migraines, a firm pillow can provide the neck and head muscles the support they need to relax. But it cannot be too firm to cause a headache by itself. Find a firmness level that seems ideal to you.
- Spinal Alignment – When the neck muscles are aligned with the spine, that means your posture is correct. Alignment can cause pressure relief, which in turn, may help to relieve or lessen the severity of a migraine. Therefore, the pillow should be designed for spinal alignment.
- Moldable – An ideal pillow for migraine should have an adaptive filling that molds itself to the neck’s shape. A contour design pillow can lessen the neck muscles’ strain, especially for side sleepers.
Reviews: Best Pillow for Migraines
- This is an orthopedic pillow designed by EPABO to provide relief from migraines and promote peaceful sleep.
- It is designed for therapeutic relief from neck pain and allows you to wake up fully recharges.
- It comes wrapped in a premium fabric cover that keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- The pillow comes with a contoured design that perfectly supports and aligns the head, neck, shoulders, and back, allowing the muscles to relax.
- It releases stress from the neck and introduces you to a new comfort level, whether you are a back sleeper, stomach sleeper, or side sleeper.
- The pillow is made with breathable memory foam for optimum air circulation to keep you cool and dry.
- The cover is hypoallergenic, cooling, and made with Rayon and Polyester’s blend.
- Orthopedic Contoured Design.
- Head Cradling.
- Adjustable Height.
- Maybe a little uncomfortable for stomach sleepers.
- This orthopedic pillow is made with high-quality memory foam that keeps it moderately hard to cradle the head.
- It also supports the neck and shoulder, alleviating pain, stiffness, numbness, and tingling, which results in stress relief to reduce the severity of migraine.
- The pillow’s slope design keeps the head from rolling out of a stable position, whereas the cutouts on the side give the top arm a place to rest at a healthy angle.
- It is ideal for back sleepers with cervical issues by allowing them to sleep on the higher side of the pillow with two horns at each side to keep the head aligned and in place.
- Whereas, for side sleepers, the lower side with cutout areas is ideal as it allows the neck to rest easily and provides space for shoulders.
- The memory foam is used in 60 high-density, with medium hardness, and temperature sensitivity.
- It comes wrapped in a silky pillowcase that is skin-friendly, breathable, easy to remove, and machine washable.
- Medium Firm Memory Foam.
- Ideal for Back and Side Sleepers.
- Hypoallergenic Cover.
- May take a couple of days to adjust to the pillow.
- This is a special pillow designed for all types of sleepers and sleeping positions.
- The pillow is overstuffed with 4 lbs of shredded memory foam for a comfortable place to rest the head and neck.
- Its memory foam is GREENGUARD and CERTIPUR-US Certified and Hypoallergenic, Vegan, and cruelty-free.
- The adjustable loft pillow can be customized according to your height requirement for the pillow.
- Contoured Design.
- Shredded Memory Foam.
- Relieves Neck Pain.
- Only washable in cold water.
- This pillow features an adjustable loft, with a high contour of 4.7 inches and a low contour of 3.9 inches.
- You can also remove the middle layer of memory foam to get a high contour of 3.5 inches, with a low contour of 2.8 inches.
- The pillow is made with UTTU Dynamic foam, which conforms to the body’s natural curve and supports the neck and head to provide pressure relief and promote sleeping in migraines.
- It comes wrapped in a silky soft cover made with a 60% Polyester and 40% Bamboo blend.
- The cover is cooling, fully removable, and machine washable for easy cleaning.
- This is an ergonomic pillow made in the USA.
- It is designed to promote proper alignment of the spine and neck and provide support to the shoulders and neck area for pressure pain relief.
- The pillow allows the neck and shoulder muscles to relax completely for all kinds of sleepers, including back and side.
- It features a medium firmness for optimum support and measures 20 x 12 x 4 inches in size.
- This is a WONWO Cervical pillow constructed from high-quality, slow-rebound memory foam.
- The memory foam used in this pillow is free of any toxic ingredients like formaldehyde, mercury, lead, or heavy metals.
- It is designed to maintain its shape and provides comfortable support to the head, neck, and shoulders. The pillow allows the muscles in the neck and shoulders to experience relief from pain and pressure, promoting sleep and comfort even in the state of migraines.
- It comes encased in a soft cover made of knitted Cotton fabric that is long-lasting, breathable, hypoallergenic, and resistant to dust mites and bacteria.
- The bed pillow measures 24 x 13.8 x 2.5 inches in size and is perfect for all types of sleepers and sleeping positions.
- This is an Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow designed by Misiki.
- The pillow is constructed with 100% Polyurethane Memory Foam, with moderate hardness.
- It comes in a soft cover made with 40% Staple Rayon and 60% Polyester Fiber for ultimate softness and comfort.
- The pillow features a temperature sensing function that perfectly fits the neck contour to provide pain relief caused by headaches and migraines.
- This is a Comfortable Migraine Relief Pillow designed by beegod.
- It is made with soft and sturdy foam for ultimate comfort and support to provide pain relief.
- The pillowcase is made with a blend of Polyester ( Hyperfine Feather fabric + Elastic Cotton) and Soybean fiber for a soft and smooth finish.
- It is fade-resistant, stain-resistant, and designed to provide relief from Migraines and neck pain.
- This is The Original Water Pillow designed by Mediflow.
- The pillow features Water base technology that is proven to reduce neck pain and improve sleep quality.
- It is ideal for all sleeping positions, as the water moves with your head to provide customized support.
- The pillow cover is made with 100% Cotton, whereas the inside is sealed and insulated with a resilient Poly Fiber.
- This is an Adjustable Migraine Support Pillow designed by Nature’s Guest.
- The pillow features a patented, contoured cervical design that helps reduce neck pain and provides optimal cervical support.
- It is designed to promote spinal alignment, and relieve the neck and head muscles to provide pain relief from migraines and headaches.
- The pillow features a gusseted edge design that ensures stable side support and optimal back support, making it perfect for all sleeping positions.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Migraines
|1||EPABO Orthopedic - Cervical Pillow for Migraine||EPABO||98.9|
|2||Coisum Store Ergonomic - Bed Pillow for Migraine||Coisum Store||98.4|
|3||Cradle Me Adjustable - Loft Pillow for Migraines||Cradle Me||97.8|
|4||UTTU Sandwich - Migraine Sleeping Pillow||UTTU||97.3|
|5||Tempur-Pedic Ergonomic - Neck Support Pillow||Tempur-Pedic||96.5|
|6||Wonwo Migraine - Memory Foam Pillow||Wonwo||96.1|
|7||Misiki Orthopedic - Memory Foam Pillow||Misiki||95.7|
|8||beegod Comfortable - Migraine Relief Pillow||beegod||95.3|
|9||Mediflow Original - The Water Pillow||Mediflow||94.9|
|10||Nature's Guest Adjustable - Migraine Support Pillow||Nature's Guest||94.5|
Table of Contents
- What to Consider Before Choosing a Pillow
- Features of a Good Migraine Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pillow for Migraines
- EPABO® Orthopedic Cervical Pillow for Migraine
- Coisum Store® Ergonomic Bed Pillow for Migraine
- Cradle Me® Adjustable Loft Pillow for Migraines
- UTTU® Sandwich Migraine Sleeping Pillow
- Tempur-Pedic® Ergonomic Neck Support Pillow
- Wonwo® Migraine Memory Foam Pillow
- Misiki® Orthopedic Memory Foam Pillow
- beegod® Comfortable Migraine Relief Pillow
- Mediflow® Original The Water Pillow
- Nature's Guest® Adjustable Migraine Support Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Migraines