Though every sleeping position has some benefits and problems associated with it, not everyone can choose a position and stick to it.
Many people toss and turn during the night, going from their back to their side or their front.
We have compiled and reviewed the best pillows for combination sleepers down below for these people.
Types of Sleeping Positions
The three basic sleeping positions are:
- Sleeping on the Back – A very common position, sleeping on the back allows for maximum relaxation of the limbs, though it may cause your back to become more tired after sitting down for most of the day. It has many benefits, such as keeping the spine aligned, reducing pressure and compression on the limbs and organs, and reducing tension in the muscles. It also reduces acid reflux.
- Sleeping on the Side – The most favored and well-loved sleeping position, sleeping on your side, when done with the proper support, brings with it many benefits such as reduced joint and lower back pain, as well as pain relief in chronic conditions such as Fibromyalgia. Another benefit is reduced snoring and better breathing. If done carelessly, it can strain the lower back and create problems in the lower spine and hips; therefore, it is better to sleep with a between-the-legs pillow as it takes off the strain from the back and spine. From a health perspective, it is better to sleep on the left side for side sleepers as it allows for the drainage of toxins from the organs.
- Sleeping on the Front – From a health point-of-view, sleeping on the front is the worst option there is. It flattens the spine’s natural curve, causing lower back pain and problems, not to mention that your neck is unnaturally twisted in this position, resulting in neck pain. The only benefit to this sleeping position is reduced snoring.
Features of a Combination Pillow
Unlike a pillow designed for one special sleeping position, a combination of pillows needs to cater to all types of sleepers. There are some essential requirements for a combination pillow, such as:
- Spinal Alignment – The first and most important characteristic of any pillow is its ability to promote spinal alignment. Misalignment can cause severe pain from the neck down to the spine, resulting in disturbed sleep.
- Firm – The pillow should be firm enough for when you sleep on your back and also be able to take the pressure of the head when you sleep on the side to provide enough support to maintain the gap between the head and shoulders.
- Contoured – Though a contoured design is especially ideal for side sleepers, it is helpful even for back sleepers. It allows ample space for the shoulders and supports the neck, head, and shoulders muscles to relax properly.
Reviews: Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- This is a 100% memory foam pillow with a slow rebound rate for safety.
- The pillow is ergonomically designed with a contour to allow the neck and shoulder muscles to relax completely.
- Its contour shape promotes spinal alignment, relieving neck, and back discomfort to rejuvenate the body as you sleep.
- The pillow is made with a CertiPUR US Certified responsive memory foam that reshapes to the perfect desired position to cradle the head and relieve pressure points to improve circulation.
- It measures approximately 23 x 16 x 3 inches and is perfect for all sleeping postures, including the back and the side.
- The cervical contour also helps reduce snoring and allows you to breathe freely.
- It comes with a soft and breathable cover that is machine washable and skin-friendly.
- Orthopedic Design.
- Supportive Memory Foam.
- Cervical Pillow.
- Not the best option for large body frames.
- This is a TEMPUR-Cloud ProHi pillow designed by Tempur-Pedic.
- It provides the adaptive support of a pressure-relieving memory foam pillow, with a traditional shape and various sizes to choose from.
- The pillow offers a medium-firm feel, ideal for side sleepers and larger frames.
- It is an ultra-supportive formed piece of TEMPUR technology with added micro-cushions that offers personalized support and legendary comfort.
- The pillow is designed to adapt to the head, neck, and shoulders for pressure relief and customized support throughout the night.
- It is designed to maintain its shape, is durable, and offers spinal alignment.
- Adaptive Memory Foam.
- Medium Firmness.
- with Micro Cushions for Personalized Support.
- Various Loft Options.
- Only available In two sizes.
- This is a Sealy molded memory foam pillow in the standard size.
- It is designed to provide the ideal balance of comfort and support for a blissful night’s sleep.
- The pillow is made with pressure-relieving memory foam that adapts to the head and neck’s unique shape and supports it for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- It comes with a plush knit cover that provides an added layer of comfort, a zipper for easy removal, and is also suitable for machine washing for easy care.
- The pillow measures approximately 16 x 24 x 5.75 inches in size and is ideal for all kinds of sleepers, be it back, side, or front.
- Pressure Relieving.
- Plush-Knit Cover.
- Budget Friendly.
- Might give off odor for a few days.
- This pillow comes wrapped in a soft cover made with a premium blend of 40% Viscose Rayon and 60% Polyester.
- It is crafted with 80% shredded memory foam and 20% Polyester fiber.
- This unique filling allows for a more sensual and comfortable night of sleep, with superior support for the head, neck, back, and shoulders.
- It comes with a zipper that allows you to access the feeling for a more customized sleeping experience.
- The cover is breathable, cooling, hypoallergenic, resistant to bugs and dust-mites, and machine washable.
- This pillow cover is made with a premium blend of 60% Polyester and 40% Rayon derived from Bamboo.
- It measures approximately 18 x 28 inches in size and is big enough to be suitable for all kinds of sleepers and sleep positions.
- The bamboo in the fabric makes it softer, breathable, and moisture absorbent.
- It comes with a zipper to let you adjust the filling as you want.
- The pillow is designed with a unique style to support the neck and head and allow the muscles to relax.
- It comes with a high-quality, shredded memory foam core filling that maintains its shape after prolonged use and does not deform.
- This is a Bamboo Charcoal memory foam pillow designed by Sweetnight.
- It is ideal for side, back, front, and even pregnant sleepers.
- According to your needs, the pillow is constructed with shredded memory foam adjusted to adjust the loft’s size.
- The ergonomic pillow conforms itself to the head and neck’s shape and keeps it properly aligned with the spine to prevent neck and back pain and let you sleep comfortably.
- The cervical pillow is infused with bamboo charcoal for air purifying, deodorizing, and moisture-wicking properties.
- Its outer cover is made with Bamboo-derived Rayon that regulates temperature and allows breathability, whereas the inner cover is designed to hold the filling without leakage.
- The pillow cover is removable and machine washable.
- This is an Orthopedic Shoulder Support Pillow designed by EPABO.
- It is designed to provide therapeutic relief for neck and shoulder pain.
- The pillow features a contour designed that promotes spinal alignment and relieves discomfort.
- It is made with high-quality, breathable, Memory foam, covered with a Polyester and Rayon blend pillowcase.
- It is ergonomically designed to allow neck and shoulder muscles to relax completely.
- Its contoured shape promotes proper alignment and relieves neck and back discomfort, thereby rejuvenating your body.
- The pillow features a spinal alignment design, along with a left and right airway system, as well as a 5-second rebound Memory foam.
- It is made with 100% Memory Foam that fits the neck’s curve and properly aligns the spine while sleeping.
- The center cavity in the middle of this pillow helps cradle the head for optimal support and make you breathe better and easier.
- This therapeutic pillow comes wrapped in a 75% Cotton and 25% Polyester blend cover.
- This pillow is made from high-quality, 100% Bamboo-derived Rayon.
- The Royal Therapy snuggle bed pillow is designed to contour to the body’s shape to support the head and neck.
- The bamboo pillow includes a middle memory foam layer, which can be removed at will to customize it to every sleeper type.
- It is a luxury cervical pillow designed to provide greater resistance under the head’s heaviest parts and support the lighter and sensitive neck area.
- It allows your muscles to relax properly by offering spinal support to the body for alignment and comfort.
- The therapeutic pillow allows for comfortable sleep, without any tossing or turning.
- It is naturally hypoallergenic and prevents Bacteria, Mold, Fungus, and dust-mites.
- The bamboo cover is naturally moisture-absorbing and constructed with heat-dissipating technology that eliminates thermal build-up.
- This is an ergonomic Shoulder Pain Relief Pillow designed by Elviros.
- The pillow features a contoured design that perfectly supports and aligns the head, neck, shoulders, and back.
- It follows the body’s natural curve and keeps the air passages open to reduce snoring and induce a rejuvenating sleep.
- The pillow is ideal for back and side sleepers, with a higher and lower side for custom support.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Combination Sleepers
|1||Mkicesky Cervical - Neck Support Pillow||Mkicesky||98.6|
|2||Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud - ProHi Pillow||Tempur-Pedic||98.1|
|3||Sealy Molded - Memory Foam Pillow||Sealy||97.7|
|4||WonderSleep Dream Rite - Shredded Foam Loft Pillow||WonderSleep||97.3|
|5||Dreaming Wapiti Adjustable - Loft Pillow||Dreaming Wapiti||96.8|
|6||Sweetnight Cooling - Adjustable Bed Pillows||Sweetnight||96.2|
|7||EPABO Orthopedic - Shoulder Support Pillow||EPABO||95.9|
|8||SEPOVEDA Contour - Memory Foam Pillow||SEPOVEDA||95.5|
|9||Royal Therapy Adjustable - Therapeutic Pillows||Royal Therapy||95.1|
|10||Elviros Ergonomic - Shoulder Pain Relief Pillow||Elviros||94.7|
Table of Contents
- Types of Sleeping Positions
- Features of a Combination Pillow
- Reviews: Best Pillow for Combination Sleepers
- Mkicesky® Cervical Neck Support Pillow
- Tempur-Pedic® TEMPUR-Cloud ProHi Pillow
- Sealy® Molded Memory Foam Pillow
- WonderSleep® Dream Rite Shredded Foam Loft Pillow
- Dreaming Wapiti® Adjustable Loft Pillow
- Sweetnight® Cooling Adjustable Bed Pillows
- EPABO® Orthopedic Shoulder Support Pillow
- SEPOVEDA® Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- Royal Therapy® Adjustable Therapeutic Pillows
- Elviros® Ergonomic Shoulder Pain Relief Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillow for Combination Sleepers