After the arrival of spring mattresses and their warm acceptance, there are now pillows with springs and coils available in the market.
The traditional pillow fillings and designs and the newer, innovative spring pillows have their own sets of benefits and problems.
To make things easier for you, we have explained below what a pillow with spring really entails, its advantages and disadvantages, and reviewed the best pillows with springs available in the market. Read on to find out!
What is a Spring Pillow?
A pillow with springs contains metal coils inside to provide support and resistance.
Modern pillows with springs contain individual, pocketed springs independent of each.
This ensures fewer pressure points on the pillow, and everything is completely balanced.
The individually wrapped coils also ensure that only the coils are affected by pressure reaction instead of the whole network of coils reacting.
This allowed for better conforming to the neck and head shape and reduced motion transfer.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Spring Pillow
- Adaptive – A pillow with individually pocketed coils inside only reacts where pressure is applied. Therefore, it can adapt to the head and neck’s contours better than a regular pillow.
- Supportive – Most spring pillows offer firm support and a reduced plush feel. The firmness level directly corresponds to the support it provides. It is firm enough to support the neck and shoulder and allow the muscles to relax.
- Resilience and Durability – A pillow with springs may be less durable than a regular pillow, such as a memory foam pillow. This is because the metal coils may lose their spring after some time. A spring pillow is much more resilient and bounces back quite easily without losing its shape.
- Less Variety – Though the spring technology is older than memory foam, it is still not widely used in pillows. Therefore, there is not a wide variety to choose from. It also does not offer many choices in terms of firmness level.
- Ventilation – The coil design in the pillows’ core allows air to flow freely, resulting in better ventilation and breathability. This quality also makes it excellent for hot and humid areas and weather conditions.
Features of a Pillow with Springs
- The more coils in the pillow, the better it is.
- Number of Coils – As mentioned before, the number of coils inside the pillow directly affects its adaptive nature and the support it provides. More coils mean better response to movement and a better chance of conforming to the head and neck’s changing position.
- The filling – Most pillows with springs also contain some filling to form a soft base. This filling can be memory foam, Latex, or any natural materials. Keep in mind your personal preference for the filling before choosing a spring pillow.
Reviews: Best Pillows with Springs
- This is a Contour Pillow with Springs designed by Ivellow.
- The pillow has a built-in independent high-strength silent spring package, with increased overall support and comfort.
- It is constructed with slow-rebound memory foam, which can soften and contour the lines of your head and neck.
- The high-quality springs support the cervical spine, allowing you to sleep comfortably.
- This is a Cervical Spine Support Spring Pillow designed by BodyHealt.
- It is a cervical spine pillow designed for optimal comfort and durability with resilient fiber springs.
- The pillow is constructed with an oval-shaped center that cradles the head and allows the built-in neck roll for support.
- It is designed with two different width neck rolls on top and bottom to provide custom-fitting for different-sized and different-posture sleepers.
- This spring pillow comes with independent cervical vertebral support system, consisting of 55 spring coils.
- It is designed to provide support customized to your personal sleeping posture and habits.
- The pillow comes encased in a 100% Cotton fabric cover with a hollow structure for optimum ventilation, reduced sweating during humid conditions, and sound sleep.
- It is antibacterial and resistant to mites and bacteria.
- The easily removable and washable cover comes with a double-sided design.
- Both the springs and cover are suitable for machine washing for convenience.
- 55 Independent Pocket Springs.
- Adjustable Springs.
- Ideal for Side Sleeping.
- Only comes in two colors.
- This is a BeuatyRest pillow by Simmons, designed with pocketed coils.
- The coils are designed to provide full support and customized according to your sleeping posture and position.
- It comes wrapped in a 100% Cotton cover with a 230 thread count for a luxuriously smooth finish.
- The pillow offers extra firmness for support and promotes spinal alignment.
- It is designed to maintain its shape as the high-quality coils bounce back to keep the spring alive.
- This is a plush pillow top designed to provide targeted support to the back and core.
- It comes with a densely packed coil system, along with gel memory foam, and topped with a cloud-like pillow top.
- It is durable and extra support to ensure that your neck and spine stay in alignment.
- The special technology targets the body’s heaviest parts for extra core support and better sleep.
- Whereas the individually wrapped coils relieve pressure and cradle the head and body.
- This pillow measures 20 x 26 inches in size to offer enough space for you to move around.
- The high-quality pillow is designed for pure comfort and relaxation.
- It is filled with poly-gel-filled fibers to ensure maximum comfort in every sleeping position.
- The pillow comes encased in a tightly woven, 100% Polyester fiber cover that is breathable, ventilated, and soft to the touch.
- The pillow is machine washable, fade-resistant, and stain-resistant.
- It also includes a zipper design to allow you to access the filling and adjust it according to your needs.
- This is a Posturpedic pillow designed by Sealy for soft support and comfort.
- It is designed to provide gentle and flexible support by using pocket springs in the pillow’s core.
- The undetectable springs respond to movement and allow you customized and personalized support in every position.
- They are surrounded by soft DuPont Cotrano hollow fiber that gives a soft and plush feel to the pillow while also being firm enough for support.
- It is ideal for side sleepers and measures 65 x 40 x 14 cm in size.
- The pillow is non-allergenic and not suitable for machine washing.
- Soft and Sturdy Support.
- Promotes Spinal Alignment.
- Features 28 Individual Spring Pockets.
- Can be too soft for some people.
- This is a unique pillow with a non-flatten system to ensure it maintains its shape.
- It is highly durable and designed to retain 91% of its volume and 94% of its softness even after 50,000 pounding cycles.
- The pillow includes 40 inner coils wrapped separately and capable of individual movement.
- It allows for optimum spinal alignment in every position, and the coils move to cradle the head for support.
- The pillowcase is made with a percale weave, with a 3D spacer mesh and silky fibers.
- It is cooling, breathable, and fully ventilated.
- Relieves Pain in Neck and Shoulders.
- With 40 Individual Pocket Springs.
- Ideal for All Sleeping Positions.
- Relatively high price.
- This is a Gel Foam pillow designed by DOYEE.
- It is constructed with special DOYEE dynamic foam, which provides superior pressure relief and helps the muscles relax.
- The pillow is infused with temperature-regulating gel for a comfortable and rejuvenating sleep.
- It features a ventilated design that optimizes air circulation for prime airflow and temperature control.
- This is a Soothing Spring Pillow designed by Nicole Miller.
- The advanced pillow features super soft and supportive cradling polyurethane memory foam for optimum comfort.
- It allows maximum airflow and circulation, making it breathable and temperature regulating.
- The pillow is available in 3 scent options infused directly into the pillow, including Chamomile, Lavender, and Coconut.
Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows with Springs
|1||Ivellow Contour - Pillow with Springs||Ivellow||98.7|
|2||BodyHealt Cervical - Spine Support Spring Pillow||BodyHealt||98.3|
|3||JOLLYVOGUE Adjustable - Spring Bed Pillow||JOLLYVOGUE||97.9|
|4||Simmons Beautyrest - Pocketed Coil Pillow||Simmons||97.4|
|5||Sealy Posturepedic Plus - Euro Pillow Top||Sealy||96.5|
|6||Sepoveda Adjustable - Spring Bed Pillows||Sepoveda||96.1|
|7||Sealy Posturepedic - Pocket Springback Pillow||Sealy||98.8|
|8||OXA Sleeping - Spring Bed Pillow||OXA||98.3|
|9||DOYEE Cooling - Gel Foam Pillow||DOYEE||94.9|
|10||Nicole Miller Soothing - Spring Pillow||Nicole Miller||94.6|
Table of Contents
- What is a Spring Pillow?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Spring Pillow
- Features of a Pillow with Springs
- Reviews: Best Pillows with Springs
- Ivellow® Contour Pillow with Springs
- BodyHealt® Cervical Spine Support Spring Pillow
- JOLLYVOGUE® Adjustable Spring Bed Pillow
- Simmons® Beautyrest Pocketed Coil Pillow
- Sealy® Posturepedic Plus Euro Pillow Top
- Sepoveda® Adjustable Spring Bed Pillows
- Sealy® Posturepedic Pocket Springback Pillow
- OXA® Sleeping Spring Bed Pillow
- DOYEE® Cooling Gel Foam Pillow
- Nicole Miller® Soothing Spring Pillow
- Index Table: Top-Rated Pillows with Springs